The Power of Play
Name: The Power of Play
Topics: Training course on using social games as a tool for educational work with youngsters.
Duration: 28/06/2021 – 05/07/2021
Location: Urdos, France
Description of the Project:
The training course ” The Power of Play ” is organized by Association La Villa (FR) in Urdos, France, including 20 participants and 3 team members from 10 countries (France, Slovenia, Italy, Bulgaria, Latvia, Portugal, Poland, Greece, Romania, Spain).
Profile of the participants:
– All participants have to be over 18 years old and have residency in the sending country;
– There should be a gender balance; half of the participants should be male and half should be female;
– All participants should speak and understand English;
– Participants should already be involved in youth work or be motivated to get involved with it;
– Participants should be interested in making follow-up international projects.
The aim is to introduce youth workers and youngsters to positive, healthy activities that encourage co-operation and strengthen confidence while developing co-ordination and persistence. The end result is much more than learning these skills – it also helps them to improve self-esteem, build on social capital, and direct people towards positive ways of living.
The main goal of the project is to teach the participant various social games and show them how to use them in the context of non-formal education and youth work.
At the end of the training course, the participants will be equipped with knowledge on how to choose, prepare and implement social games with groups. After the project, their task will be to lead at least one workshop including social games for youngsters in their country.
You can read more about the project here.