The youth exchange was organized between 27.10 – 3.11.2019 in Constanta, Romania.
The course brought together 66 youth from 11 European countries: Greece, Turkey, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Italy, Serbia, North Macedonia, Lithuania, Germany, Croatia and Romania.
Topics of Media4you
Most importantly, all participants gave equal investment at discussion, group work, creative workshops and other activity planning and realization.
In addition, for a better organization we divided the activities according to the themes under the project topic and tailored each activity cluster to the partner organizations. For example: “Welcome Day”, “Media Games”, “Media & Youth/society”, “Media & Change”, “Critical thinking”, “Media & Countries”, “Media & Visibility” and “Farewell day.”
The main objective of the project is to enhance media literacy and critical thinking among youngsters. That was achieved by non-formal learning methods including workshops, discussions, simulation games/role-plays, visiting local radio, experience sharing, storytelling, which will gain valuable outcome.
On the one hand, is interesting to share the different point of views. On the other hand, it is a good tool to bring the youth closer and establish international network. That is to say, communication with different identities, nations, cultural differences and beliefs, etc. so European Union slogan – “United in Diversity” was reflected in these activities.
Photos always talk! You can hear what our youth storytellers said during the wonderful experience in the old city center of Constanta PHOTOVOICE
In conclusion, our Media4You project produced the below results:
- improve understanding of media and competences in critical thinking.
- elevated awareness on media-related issues in their countries, among youth, local communities, etc.
- enhance communication skills (discussing and debating skills of participants).
- improve in youth inter-cultural learning skills and behaviors.
- enhance international network and communication.
- raise awareness on each other’s culture and traditions.
- improve skills how to criticize the media and the information delivered.
- improve networking of young fellows from participating countries.
- tolerance among different nationalities.
Do you know how did we get all of these? Read the summary of our activities here, in the no.2 of the Training Club Magazine
Applicant: Asociatia TEAM4Excellence, Romania