International workshop to promote blue careers
During the “Interregional Workshop on the expertise and skills needed by public administration staff to facilitate the authorization and licensing procedures in aquaculture”, in September 2021, Assoc. Prof. Dr. and Project Manager of T4E, Nicoleta Acomi, had the opportunity to give a presentation for promoting blue careers.
Aiming at increasing awareness of blue careers, she outlined some of the great, sustainable and visible results of UE co-founded projects and European collaboration:
- Blue Career Centre Romania, established under the EASME project MENTOR, considered a good practice for promoting training opportunities for marine fisheries and aquaculture sectors
- Annual Blue career days, organized by Constanta Maritime University every year in October-November
- Career Guidance for the Blue Economy, an online platform for promotion of 100 careers in Blue economy
- European Researchers Night, as a European event for highlighting the key role that research will play in a sustainable post-Covid recovery, a process that will enable societies to move towards a cleaner, more sustainable, carbon-neutral future
The second part of the Workshop was intended for an interactive discussion session, during which the following topics were addressed:
- Administrative barriers in the existing aquaculture sector in the partner regions;
- Current and future skills needed to overcome these barriers.
The Interregional Workshop initiated by the Bucharest-Ilfov Regional Development Agency is part of the interregional learning and experience exchange EXTRA-SMEs and brought together project partners and relevant local actors in aquaculture sector.
Location: Online, Bucharest-Ilfov Regional Development Agency
Date: 15th of September 2021