Human Rights Defenders
Name: Human Rights Defenders
Topics: Human Rights, Equality, Tolerance
Duration: Postponed for Spring 2022
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Deadline: We will announce the new dates
Description of the Project:
“Human Rights Defenders ” is a 7 days Youth Exchange project which will be held in Kaunas, Lithuania and will gather participants from 4 countries – Lithuania, Romania, Greece and Estonia to draw the attention to the importance of equality and to gain knowledge about human rights. This project is for young people who feel discriminated by others, about tolerance and intolerance in their environment and human rights. This project goals is to promote tolerance and respect for human rights for young people and at the same time to increase social inclusion.
At the end of the project, participants will foster respect for each other in their communities, will benefit from increased self confidence, and finally, will raise voices for their rights or when someone in their environment will be intolerant.
Profile of the participants:
- All participants have to be 16-22 years old and have residency in the sending country;
- The group leader has to be 18+ years old;
- All participants should speak and understand English;
- All participants should show high interest in topics of human rights, equality, tolerance
- Preference is given to young people who are vaccinated.
- Preference is given to young people who come from rural areas in their countries, young people who face economic or geographic obstacles.\
Some concrete examples regarding obstacles:
Youth without a job (example: one of your youth is looking for a job, for the moment he / she doesn’t have any job) = Economic Obstacles
Youth living more than 1 hour by driving car to the nearest airport = Geographical Obstacles
Youth with a part time job (he / she works only 25 hours a week) = Economic Obstacles
Read more about the youth exchange here.
The application is now closed. We will re-open it when we will have the new dates from the Lithuanian coordinators.