The youth exchange will be organized in Constanta, Romania. The course will bring together 55 youth from Greece, Turkey, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Italy, Serbia, North Macedonia, Lithuania, Germany, Croatia and Romania.
All participants will give equal investment at discussion, group work, creative workshops and other activity planning and realization.
For better organization we divided the activities according to the themes under the project topic and tailored each activity cluster to the partner organizations. Namely, we have: “Welcome Day”, “Media Games”, “Media & Youth/society”, “Media & Change”, “Critical thinking”, “Media & Countries”, “Media & Visibility”, “Farewell day.”
The main objective of the project is to enhance media literacy and critical thinking among youngsters that will be realized via non-formal learning methods including workshops, discussions, simulation games/role-plays, visiting local radio, experience sharing, storytelling, which will gain valuable outcome. On one hand, it is interesting to share the different point of views and on the other hand, it will be a good tool to make the youth closer and establish international network and communication with different identities, nations, cultural differences and beliefs, etc. so that European Union slogan – “United in Diversity” will be reflected in those activities.
Youth exchange activities
The project is expected to produce the below results:
- improved understanding of media
- improved competences in critical thinking and analysis of media messages
- elevated awareness on media-related issues in their countries, among youth, local communities, etc.
- enhanced communication skills
- improved inter-cultural learning skills and behaviors
- enhanced international network and communication
- raised awareness on each other’s culture and traditions
- improved skills how to criticize the media and the information delivered
- enhanced discussing and debating skills of participants
- improved networking of young fellows from participating countries
- tolerance among different nationalities
Project title: Media4You
Applicant: Asociatia Team 4 Excellence