Training course for youth workers
A 10-day training course will take place between 13th – 22nd of September 2019, in Vadul lui Voda, Republic of Moldova.
The training course will bring together 31 participants, incl. 5 facilitators/trainers, from 10 partner organisations from Slovakia, Azerbaijan, Estonia, the Republic of North Macedonia, Spain, Romania, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine, Armenia and Denmark.
The project aim is to raise awareness amongst young people of global challenges to sustainable development, as well as a sense of responsibility and ability to address these challenges and create societies that fosters inclusive and healthy living conditions now and in the future.
The objectives of the project consist of:
1) introducing partners and participants to global responsibility education;
2) strengthening the capacity of 10 youth organisations within provision of global responsibility
education for young people;
3) raising awareness amongst youth workers on global issues and means to address them;
4) promoting a sense of responsibility amongst youth workers in challenging human behaviour that is harming to the sustainability of the planet and local societies;
5) fostering a sense of innovation and entrepreneurship in creating new initiatives and methods within
The training course will introduce youth workers to non-formal Education and Global Responsibility Education (GRE) which will be connected to Innovation in Youth Work. The trainers will facilitate a GRE method addressing Responsible Consumption and Production. Participants will be given tools for method development which will be used to develop their own GRE methods based on personal interests.
The participants will:
- Gain knowledge upon Global Responsibility Education, including knowledge upon specific methods within GRE
- Understand how to promote a sense of global awareness and foster a sense of innovation in addressing global issues amongst young people using non-formal education
- Increase knowledge upon the Sustainable Development Goals, their targets and global actions taken to address them;
- Have new tools and methods within the framework of GRE as well as on creative thinking, innovation and non-formal education
- Add on to their competencies and skills to educate young people and establish a sense of local and global responsibility in them